I’ve been a little absent from the interwebs the past several weeks and here is the reason why.
My school does a mystery fabric contest every year (here’s last year’s entry). The rules are pretty simple. You pick a random bundle of fabric that’s all wrapped up and labeled with only a color. You have to use at least 50% of each piece of fabric in the bundle, and this year there was the added “Red Carpet” theme.
I decided to make thing really really easy on myself. *snerk* Actually what happened was my brain decided to fixate on one idea and wouldn’t budge, and I ended up making approximately 200 yards of bias tape. (Nope, that’s not striped fabric.) And then it just had to be reversible.
In the interest of not including 100 photos in one post, I’ll save all the how-to’s and befores and afters and progress photos for the next post.