Applications for graduate school are due tomorrow –most of them anyway. This has, of course, resulted in a lot of stress which has in turn led to a lot of knitting breaks to maintain a certain level of sanity.
And so I present you with a progress photo.
I’ve got the ribbing done on the other sleeve. If I finish this today (and by “if” I mean “when”), I’ll have made 2.89 sweaters in three weeks. I think I have problems.
Andd here’s one of me wearing my cabled Hermione hat. I ended up adding some elastic to the ribbed part because it was really just too loose. Now it’s slightly too tight. Might have to adjust the elastic so my ears don’t fall asleep.
Dammit, it’s 2am. So much for getting to bed early.
In other news, I finally attached the stomacher to the bodice (I got tired of poking myself in eight places every time I tried it on) and put in button snap closures on the other side. The sleeves are still pinned on; I’ll get to that tomorrow.
Next up is just embroidering the crap out of the bodice and the skirt. Luckily there’s no embroidery (that I can see) on the polonaise overskirt. There’s just the front edge on either side of the underskirt, the peplum, and the little sticking-out panel that frames the stomacher (which I started earlier).
This whole project has actually been saving me quite a bit of money. I already bought everything for it, other than the $3 I spent on crochet thread, plus I’ve been working on it so much that I never feel like going out and participating in activities detrimental to my bank account.
I don’t think that previous statement could have made me sound more like a loser.
Ohai! I had a website about three years ago but it was cheesy and disorganized and only half a step up from a geocities site. Since I finally got a Mac, I decided my excuses for not putting one together again were dwindling. It could also have something to do with the fact that I just started another sweet project that I want to squee about and show off. Maybe. This site is obviously very much under construction. I have a million costumes that I actually have photos of already and need to organize into iWeb’s dandy little album function. Ideally, I’ll be making a section for completed costumes, a set of albums for photoshoots and fun stuff, and then this blog-ish section for all of my ramblings. And I should warn you, I do ramble.