The first seven days of Me Made May 2013
1. Refashioned chambray shirt.
2. Handmade skirt based on this Modcloth skirt.
3. Sorbetto top, Kelly skirt.
4. New Girl-inspired blazer using B4610.
5. Burda cap-sleeved dress in white floral.
6. Floral chiffon Darling Ranges.
7. Another Burda cap-sleeved dress in blue floral.
We’re just over a week into May and this whole me-made thing has been quite illuminating already.
1) I suck at taking outfit photos everyday. I have no idea why. It takes literally three seconds, especially iPhone ones.
2) I need more tops. I made a bajillion skirts recently and I don’t wear them that often because I’m usually stuck pairing them with a boring tank top and a cardigan if it’s cold, which makes me feel as though I ought to be working in a library. I think it’s because every time I think of a cute design for a top, my brain immediately wants to turn it into a dress.
3) I need to stop denying my love of the high-low skirt. I loved it last year, I love it this year, and it’s taken Megan Nielsen’s Cascade pattern for me to realize this.
4) I need to sew more knits. I bought a ton of different knit fabrics a while ago with the intention of learning how and then they sat on a shelf for months. They need to lead a more exciting life.
5) This is actually really helpful because in order to be able to come up with one handmade item every day with no outfit repeats, I’ve pulled out some garments that I’ve made and then never worn. Being forced to wear them out made me fall in love with one and decide that I hated the other.
6) This is neither here nor there but waking up with a size 2 DPN stuck in your side because you fell asleep on your tardis socks is rather painful.