It occurred to me today that I rarely, if ever, sew things correctly. Like hems and whatnot. If you look inside most things I make, it’s like small animals have been nesting inside, what with all the loose threads and bare edges.
Today I decided to learn some proper techniques. And below is the result (minus a zipper and a bottom hem)! The neckline and arm holes are understitched (minus the part where I decided to do the bib at the end so it didn’t get sewn into the rest of the neckline). The waist and sides are french seamed and the skirt is pieced together and then reinforced with a zigzag stitch.
This probably sounds mundane and most of you are probably going, “Well duh,” but I swear this is the first time I’ve actually done this on a garment I’ve sewn. Though, to be fair, most of what I’ve sewn has at least seen my mom’s serger.
I’m rambly because I’m tired. Next up, zipper and hem!